In the pedagogical policy of De Boefjes the child and his development are central. With this, every child is given the space to be self-aware and develop individually. De Boefjes want to stimulate the overall development of the individual child in a balanced manner, respecting its own development, strength and uniqueness.
The four pedagogical basic objectives for education are the starting point for childcare within De Boefjes.
The pedagogical basic objectives are:
- Providing a sense of security, rest, regularity and cleanliness.
- To stimulate and offer the opportunity to develop personal competencies.
- To stimulate and offer the opportunity to develop social competencies.
- Transfer of values and norms and culture.
The basic goals describe what children need from the basic needs that children are entitled to.
These basic needs are:
- Children are entitled to physical care, nutrition and (sleep);
- Right to affection and security;
- Right to security and continuity;
- Right to development and competences;
- Right to recognition and appreciation for developing a positive self-image.
Children need to be a good person and want to meet the expectations, standards and rules that are set.